Wee Heavy.

Category one complete, now all I have to do is be patient and hope that the yeast work their asses off! OG = 1.091 its got some work to do! The day did not go over without any problems though, I have never used this much malt before. After the additions of the malt I was near run over on my pot, and this was before I fired it up. Luckily a co-worker had hooked me up with a keggle over the summer. However I had never used it out of laziness. So after my friends and I gave it a quick thought I went down and dragged it out. Scrubbing and washing it the best I could.

This was “before” the malt additions!

smpot

Much better!

kegsm

After disaster was averted things went pretty smooth, the garage smelled awesome although our wives didn’t agree. I had to make some small adjustments however to get the immersion chiller to fit, but it ended up working out as well.

chiller

dump

The Competition is 2 months away, I’m just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best! Now I have to decide on whats next, German Alt or American Amber. I have never made either style, but both take much less time then the Wee Heavy.

family

 

Thanks Brad and Chris for hanging out and helping with the transfers. I would of made a huge mess with out the extra hands!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: